Our vision is to deliver the best possible banking experience.
Our credo brings to life our internal values. These values drive our performance and help us perform our best every day, delivering more for all stakeholders and serving clients with a broad range of products and services.
We perform our best every day so we can do more for our:
CUSTOMERS COLLEAGUES COMMUNITIES SHAREHOLDERS
We strive to always:
- Exceed customer expectations
- Do the right thing
- Think long-term
- Work together
We are citizens helping citizens bank better.
Ensuring that we are serving customers well, remains key to delivering long-term franchise value. Our commitment to serving customers has resulted in the following accolades:
- For the second consecutive year, Money magazine named Citizens in its 2014 list of “The Best Banks in America,” citing the level of customer convenience available through its customer contact center, access to banking specialists via instant messaging and its “robust physical presence,” with more than 1,200 locations and 3,200 ATMs.
- Our middle-market business received a top-five ranking in both client penetration and number of lead relationships within our footprint (based on rolling four-quarter data as of September 30, 2014 by Greenwich Associates). In addition, we enhanced our market share of loan syndications to sixth by volume and fifth by number of deals for the third quarter of 2014, according to Thomson Reuters' Overall National Middle-Market Bookrunner League Table.
We strive to develop stronger and higher-value customer relationships through an intense focus on delivering a differentiated experience across all of our distribution platforms, including our branches, online, telephone and mobile banking platforms.
At Citizens, we strive to build a diverse and inclusive organization positioned to support the growth of our colleagues and our communities. We are proud of our strategic partnerships with a number of diversity-focused organizations.
Community involvement is one of our principal values. We strive to contribute to a better quality of life by serving the communities across our footprint through employee volunteer efforts, a foundation that funds a range of nonprofit organizations, and executives who provide board leadership to community organizations. These efforts contribute to a culture that promotes positive employee morale and provides differentiated brand awareness in the community, while making a positive difference within the communities we serve. We believe our strong commitment to our communities provides a competitive advantage by strengthening customer relationships and increasing loyalty.
To serve our shareholders and retain their support, we are committed to the clear and transparent communication of our performance, strategy and governance. Further, we will seek to optimize long-term returns by:
- Striving to deliver attractive risk-adjusted returns by making good capital and resource allocation decisions, being good stewards of our resources and rigorously evaluating our execution.
- Operating with a strong balance sheet with regards to capital, liquidity and funding, and with a well-defined and prudent risk appetite.
- Maintaining a balanced business mix between commercial banking and consumer banking.