Citizens Bank launches specialized banking group serving health care practices in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware
New banking team delivers financial solutions for medical, dental and eye care practices and professionals
PROVIDENCE, RI (July 23, 2014) – Citizens Bank today announced the launch of its HealthCare Practice Banking Group in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware, reflecting its success in meeting the financial needs of medical, dental and eye care practices and professionals in other markets. The specialized banking group was first introduced in 2013 in Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island.
"Given the size and importance of the health care sector and our track record of helping health care practices succeed and grow, our HealthCare Practice Banking Group is uniquely positioned to meet the special challenges and financial requirements of medical, dental and eye care practices," said Quincy Miller, President of Business Banking for Citizens. "Our team uses its in-depth understanding of the industry to deliver comprehensive financial solutions for health care practices and professionals."
Medical, dental and eye care professionals and practices use the products and services offered by the HealthCare Practice Banking Group to:
- Manage cash and increase cash flow flexibility.
- Foster practice growth with short-term working capital and longer-term financing arrangements for equipment purchases, practice acquisitions, start-ups, renovations, expansion and more.
- Optimize personal wealth with a designated Premier Banker to map a financial plan, including a special home purchase program for medical professionals and a low variable rate or fixed rate loan product for refinancing medical school debt.
The new Citizens Bank team serving health care practices in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware includes seasoned bankers with vast experience in the medical field, and a combined experience of more than 65 years:
- John K. Leister has more than 15 years of medical financing experience, most recently at 3-D Financial Services and Siemens Medical Solutions where he developed financing solutions primarily in IT and health care software. Leicester has an MBA from the University of Rochester and an undergraduate degree from Franklin & Marshall College.
- Bryan T. Murphy recently joined Citizens from Bank of America, where he managed a loan portfolio of medical, dental and veterinary accounts in their Practice Solutions Group. Murphy has more than 15 years of financial services experience and attended the University of Delaware and Widener University.
- Benjamin N. Foltz has more than 10 years of health care financial services experience with PNC and Wells Fargo. Prior to that he was with Patterson Dental where he led his territory in sales. Foltz has a degree from Slippery Rock University.
- In addition, Jeff Connon, who previously served the eye care market in New England, will have his role expand to serve eye care practices and professionals Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. Connon has more than 20 years of financial services experience.
"We have realized a lot of success since launching the HealthCare Practice Banking Group last year and I’m excited to be able to expand our footprint," said Lisa Enright, Senior Vice President and Head of the HealthCare Practice Banking Group. "The new team brings a wealth of experience that will allow us to provide the specialized service that health care practices and professionals need in the Mid-Atlantic region."
For more information about HealthCare Practice Banking, please call 1-860-440-4217. To learn more about Citizens Bank, customers can call the 24/7 customer contact center at 1-800-922-9999, Like the bank on Facebook, follow the bank on Twitter or visit the Citizens Bank website.
About Citizens Financial Group Inc.
Citizens Financial Group Inc. is one of the nation’s oldest and largest financial institutions, with $126.9 billion in assets as of March 31, 2014. Headquartered in Providence, Rhode Island, the company offers a broad range of retail and commercial banking products and services to individuals, small businesses, middle-market companies, large corporations and institutions. Consumer Banking helps its retail customers "bank better" with mobile and online banking, a 24/7 customer contact center and the convenience of approximately 3,100 ATMs and approximately 1,200 Citizens Bank and Charter One branches in 11 states in the New England, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions. Citizens also provides mortgage lending, auto lending, student lending and commercial banking services in selective markets nationwide. In Commercial Banking, Citizens offers corporate, institutional and not-for-profit clients a full range of wholesale banking products and services including lending and deposits, capital markets, treasury services, foreign exchange and interest hedging, leasing and asset finance, specialty finance and trade finance.
Citizens operates via subsidiaries Citizens Bank, N.A., and Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania. Additional information about Citizens and its full line of products and services can be found at www.citizensbank.com.